Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thankgiving

Thanksgiving is for giving thanks.

We've talked a lot about what we're thankful for lately. It's nice to have a holiday to remind us of such an important feeling. We've discovered we're thankful for BIG things like our lives and our families and little things like cookies and sharp pencils.

One day I asked the kids what they were thankful for that tastes good. Those were easy answers. Next I asked them what they were thankful for that tastes bad. That took a little more thought.

"Medicine because it helps me."

"Vegetables because they're good for me."

"Potatoes because I don't like them but my family does."


The whole Shaker Lane Community is feeling thankful this time of year !


I'm thankful to work at a job that I love. I sat down one night to think about one thing that made me smile about each student. I hope everyone already knows that I'm thankful for them, but just in case, this is a great opportunity to be sure!


We'll have our own little feast.....

I'll let the kids tell you what's inside those "turkey legs".

You may enjoy these Thanksgiving Resources for a little family fun!

Printables.familyeducation.com. (Search Thanksgiving printables)