Thursday, April 16, 2015

Lights, camera, action!

Be sure to read the article in the Littleton Independent this week!

We had SO MUCH FUN today making movies! A while back we made dioramas to conclude a science unit on animal habitats. Here's a movie that shows all of those cool projects....

 

The students teamed up with others who had made dioramas depicting similar habitats. We used an app called My Create to film the animals interacting in the environments.

By saving our movies to the camera roll, we were able to upload them to another app called iMovie. Using this app, we adjusted the speed of our movies and added background music and sound effects.

Here's a short sample...

Everyone did a fantastic job! They saved their films to their Google Drive accounts so they can share them with you! I have a feeling there will be more filmmaking in our future!

Earlier this week we all wore blue and yellow ribbons in remembrance and support of the Boston Marathon victims and survivors of 2013. I shared a video with my class showing how a student about their age showed his support. A few asked me to post it on our blog. I've added the link to the sidebar.